With an active 17 month old and a new baby in less than 6 months on the way, we definitely needed to get started on our spring cleaning. The morning sickness is finally starting to go away and with my extra energy I have already started nesting again…
We trust Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner Trigger for all of our cleaning needs. As much as possible, we try to find natural, green or organic products for our home however to keep our house clean, fresh and with less germs, you just can’t beat Lysol!
I love that Lysol now makes the Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner Trigger because it has a hydrogen peroxide formula that cleans our bathrooms and kitchens without the harshness of bleach. It doesn’t have a harsh smell and it cleans hard water spots in our shower with minimal scrubbing. I was so impressed how clean my shower and bath looked after using it! My favorite part about Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and the Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner is that it kills up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria – that’s something that we can definitely all appreciate in this house! Our son is 17 months and has luckily not gotten the flu, partly due to Lysol and keeping our home clean.
Also, I am in love with the Lysol Touch of Foam Antibacterial Handsoap! It doesn’t dry out my hands and I especially love the wild berry bliss scent that leaves my bathroom and hands smells so yummy!
I know one of the hardest things for me is figuring out where to start spring cleaning – and it sometimes can feel overwhelming and daunting. Here’s a spring cleaning checking that will help you get started!
Spotless Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Date Yourself: Set time in your smartphone calendar to hold yourself accountable for cleaning and reorganizing. This amount of time will be different for everyone depending on how much there is to get done, but book at least 15-30 minutes a day to start. Hold yourself accountable for the spring cleaning tasks you want to accomplish and get them done!
- Touchy Feely: Most of us don’t think of all of the things we are touching on a regular basis and yet seldom clean. Disinfect commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs, computer keyboards, remote controls and light switches, with LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes to remove 99.9% of germs.
- Donate: Start a donation bag and throw items in as a way to cut down on clutter around the home. Consider rewarding your children when they donate as a way to teach them responsibility with a great outcome.
- Down and Dirty: Hone in on the quick, small chores that you’ve been brushing aside all year, saying, “I’ll get to that later!” Examples include cleaning underneath heavy furniture to get rid of dust and lost bits of food, and wiping down the outdoor grill.
- Tidy Tubs: Prevent the reappearance of mildew and soap scum in the bathroom by wiping down the tub and glass doors after every use, or replace your basic showerhead with a detachable handle so you can easily spray it down. For the wipe down, a microfiber cloth works wonders! Just keep it nearby and wipe. The 20 seconds it takes to do this will save hours of deep scrubbing later.
- Trash the Trash: Make sure you throw out anything that could count as trash to start making room for the important things you want in your home. You should be throwing away trash every day and not letting it build up. Make it a habit to spray and wipe down your trash bin with LYSOL Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner Trigger every time you take the trash out to prevent mildew and smells.
- Look Down: How are those floors looking? A little grimy? To maintain spotless floors, instil a “no shoes” policy in your home. Passing a small vacuum over your floors daily will prevent dust bunnies from multiplying – and don’t forget about those hard to reach places where dust, germs and hair collect.